• According to the latest obesity research, 60.7% of Illinois youth
are overweight or obese.
• Of agricultural products produced in Illinois, only 0.15% is sold directly to consumer.
• Of the nearly $48 billion dollars spent on food by Illinois consumers,
nearly all of it leaves the state.
• Illinois lags behind the national trend to establish farm-to-school programs in an
effort to decrease obesity while simultaneously supporting the local economy.
• Most of our fruits and vegetables travel over 1500 miles to get to Illinois consumers.
• Learn more about Farm to School here.